ASRC operates within the existing IDEMA framework and is a forum for collaborative joint R&D efforts among storage industry participants, customers, suppliers, universities and laboratories with a goal to shorten the time from innovation to productization.
Accelerate the pace of technology innocation to shorten the time from invention to productization by:
Sponsoring and guiding of university research projects
Helping align the storage supply chain for maximum efficiency
Addressing key, less understood aspects of a given technology with a more fundamentally scientific focus
Provide a realistic roadmap to guide technology investments and help focus resources
ASRC Organization Structure
- The Executive Council (EC) sets the vision and mission of ASRC
- Adjusts and approves budgets as proposed by the Steering Committee
- The EC is comprised of representatives of Tier 1 ASRC member companies
- The Steering Committee (SC) is responsible for project definition, execution, and oversight, as well as for optimization of entire projects.
- SC is charged with the compilation and summarization of project activities, goals, and achievements for the EC.
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 member companies can have one representative on the Steering Committee.
- The Technology Committee (TC) will generate project proposals for SC action and approval.
- Individual projects will reside within the Technology Committee, making it the direct interface between ASRC and universities.
- Projects will have team leaders and other industry personnel to manage universities and research partners, project definition, execution, and oversight.
ASRC provides to members:
- Direct control and oversight of the development of technology initiatives, joint research projects, and roadmap processes, providing faster results with clearer return on investment with a focus on applied technology but supported with academic research
- Control of intellectual property (IP) by ASRC members fully funding a project, and partially owned with royalty-free licensing agreements in other scenarios
- Approximately 90% of all member fees collected will be directed to research projects.
To join ASRC, email Trudy Gressley at email@example.com.